Medical care for children
As part of a rehabilitation treatment course at the rehabilitation centre "Poga", children can be receive massage treatment.
Children's massage uses classical massage techniques, which are adjusted to the infant and child's age in terms of technique, intensity, and force, and use active, passive, and reflective movement exercises.
Children's massage is used as a part of rehabilitation therapy. Children's massage can be applied in children starting from 1 to 2 months of age; massage techniques and movements should be selected according to the child's psychomotor development, with particular consideration of the indications and contraindications.
Indications for massage:
- Central movement coordination disorders, child psychomotor development disorders, CP.
- Premature babies with reduced body weight.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Chronic pain.
- Respiratory diseases - bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis.
- Gastrointestinal disorders - functional disorders (dyskinesia, constipation).
Contraindications for massage:
- Prolonged jaundice.
- Intracranial haemorrhage, convulsions, epilepsy.
- Bone fractures.
- Skin disorders, scabies, dermatitis, purulent skin infections.
- Congenital lymphatic diseases.
- Pigmentation disorders (neurofibromatosis, leukoderma).
- Haematoma, petechiae.
- Congenital heart disease.
- Acute inflammation of the respiratory tract with hyperthermia, active tbc.
- Acute liver, kidney, urinary tract diseases.
- Febrile seizure.
- Acute pain.
- Oncological disorders.
- Pronounced umbilical, femoral, inguinal, etc. hernias with a tendency towards incarceration or prolapse.
- Severe hypotrophy (atrophy).
- Purulent and other acute inflammatory diseases of skin, subcutaneous tissue, lymph nodes, muscles, and bones (eczema, pemphigus, impetigo, lymphadenitis, phlegmon, osteomyelitis, etc.).
- Diseases that are accompanied by bone fragility and soreness.
- Exacerbation of rickets and acute course of the disease with hyperaesthesia.
- Purulent and other acute arthritis.
- Bone and joint tbc.
- Haemophilia, bleeding diathesis.