Medical care for children
As part of a rehabilitation treatment course at the rehabilitation centre "Poga", children can be treated by an audiologist.
An audiologist performs diagnostics and correction of communication, speech-language, phonation, and swallowing disorders.
The assistance of an audiologist is required if a child has:
- language delay, speech sound disorder, sound substitution and speech impediments,
- phonological disorders (hearing similar sounds incorrectly),
- language processing disorders, reading and writing difficulties, learning difficulties,
- voice disorders,
- speech rate and rhythm disorders, stuttering,
- chewing and swallowing difficulties, including at breastfeeding,
- communication disorders, requires the adaptation of augmentative and alternative communication.